Auto accidents can cause painful injuries that can take months or years to heal. Many people who become involved in car accidents in Decatur, GA have questions about their treatment and healing. Below are some of the most common questions that patients ask us at Sherwood Chiropractic Center.
What are the symptoms of auto accident injuries?
Auto accident injuries can vary, as can their symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms of auto accident injuries include:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Muscle stiffness
- Limited range of motion
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty concentrating
What kind of injuries do people usually suffer from when they're involved in car accidents?
Some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the body is jerked forward and then backward, causing small tears in the muscles and ligaments of the neck.
- Concussion. Concussion is a type of brain injury. Concussions usually occur when a person hits their head very hard.
- Herniated disc. Herniated disc is a type of injury to the spongy disc between the vertebrae.
What can spinal adjustment do to help with your car accident injuries?
Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to realign the vertebrae and restore balance to the spine. This is one of the most common techniques that chiropractors use to help patients, and is a common treatment administered to car accident victims.
Spinal adjustment helps relieve the pressure on the vertebrae and restore proper communication between the brain and the body. Spinal adjustment also helps eliminate subluxations, relieving pain and muscle stiffness.
What other techniques can your chiropractor in Decatur use to treat your auto accident injuries?
Your Decatur chiropractic specialist will help you by administering the following treatments:
- Stretches and exercises. Therapeutic stretches and exercises help patients improve range of motion, reduce muscle tension and strengthen their muscles. At Sherwood Chiropractic Center, we teach patients stretches and exercises to help them during the rehabilitation process.
- Nutritional counseling. We teach patients how to eat properly, thus helping them reduce inflammation and maintain a healthy weight and sufficient energy during the healing process.
- Lifestyle advice. We teach patients how to change their behaviors and avoid exacerbating their injuries while they're recovering from their accident. This can help the body heal more quickly and can make patient recovery more comfortable.
Can your chiropractor in Decatur diagnose your condition as well as treat it?
At Sherwood Chiropractic Center, we can diagnose injuries as well as treat injuries. We have state of the art equipment that can help us determine the extent of your injuries. This will help us design a treatment program that is right for you.
Contact Your Decatur Chiropractor Today
If you've recently been involved in an accident and are seeking chiropractic treatment in Decatur, contact Sherwood Chiropractic Center. We treat auto accident injury in Decatur. Call us today at (404) 321-0082.